Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Worlds Within...


Hey Everyone!

Wow, I just finished this drama called either Worlds Within or The World that They Live In. I really liked it! It's mainly about behind the scenes of drama/movie making. So here's the main plot. So it started off with Joon Young (a newbie director) dating a surgeon, and Ji Oh (director) dating his ex-girlfriend (longtime). Anyways, it turned out that JY and JO work together in the same firm. They also dated for a short period during their post-secondary education, but for some reason (still unsure why, I think he went to see his ex) they broke up. So, the story continued from that point on, where JY is dumped (for the 4th time) by her surgeon boyfriend, and all along it is quite obvious that JO still liked JY! So, when she was finally available, he asked her to date him (by the way, his ex is married, and so she lies to him and says she's pregnant with her husband's child so that JO won't be hurt by her anymore). At first JY was reluctant because of their past, but then finally she gave in. They had a strage relationship, where they bickered a LOT (like a married couple?)! But, there were a LOT of kisses in this drama. It was a bit different than most dramas. I did not start crying till the second half of the drama. I'm still not quite sure why he broke up with JY for a second time, but I think he was just at his limits, since to him, she was better off both financially and professionally, yet she looked upto him as someone who was a mentor! So, he let his pride take over, and broke up with her. Another guy who was an assistant director, also liked JY, but that was short-lived since his mentor JO still liked her. Also, poor JO had Glaucoma, where his vision was blurred (imagine that as a director!). Finally, when the news got out, JO gave in to JY again, realizing his insecurities were silly. This was only the main characters' story. However, there were several other characters that were shown with their own tales. For example, there was Yoon Young (actress) who was dating the chief director for JY and JO's firm. They had their own strange history, where they could not be together due to circumstances for years, and this time, they were finally together again after such a long time. Also, there's the rival director (of JO's - yet JO still admires him on the inside) that was in love with the newbie actress in his drama, but could not be with her because his father is a politician, and he cannot be seen in the public so much (such affairs and such). His father lied to him, and gave him an ultimatum, which made him break up with the actress. But, in the end, he found out that his father betrayed him (didn't keep his end of the deal), and so he and the actress got back together again. But, honestly, it seems like there were so many love stories going on, but the drama did a good job portraying the different aspects of, drama behind the scenes and very complex lives. A quote was, "live your life like a drama". I really liked that phrase, since my blog is called "Drama and Life". I cannot say that I want to live life like a drama, however, life is quite dramatic sometimes! My boyfriend says that dramas are exaggerated versions of real life. But, honestly, such things can happen! Yes, since it is within about 16 episodes, it seems like their lives are so complex, but it is only a PART of their life! It does not mean the rest of their lives are going to be complicated! Even my life has had its ups and downs, and it will continue this way. I've had plenty of dramatic experiences, but it was only short periods of my life. So, basically what I'm trying to say is that, 'we all live life like a drama'. So, I hope that you enjoyed my synopsis and side notes! This is not a bad drama to watch. It does drag a bit (perhaps because not dramatic enough?), but definitely worth a watch. In fact, after this drama, Hyun Bin (JO) and Song Hye Kyo (JY) actually went out for a little while! I honestly think, they had awesome chemistry during the drama, and they really looked cute together! Oh wow, Hyun Bin has the cutest dimples! I love it! I'm a sucker for his dimples! No doubt! Very cute! Okay, I'll stop now! Try and watch this one if you have some time!

I give this drama a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment