Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cinderella Man


Hey Everyone!

So, I finally finished Cinderella Man. Phew! That took a long time. I'm not even sure why. It was a good drama, but it was slow at times. It was a play on Cinderella and the Prince and Pauper. The drama was a lot less dramatic, so I liked it for that reason. There was the typical drama and jealousies, but it was a lot less prevalent (unlike Shining Inheritance). Anyways, so this is how the plot goes. It is mainly about a guy named Oh Dae San (apparently named after a mountain in Korea), who is a merchant at a local wholesale place. He meets Seo Yoo Jin at her father's funeral. They become close as DS tries to help her out of her financial situation. YJ was a student in Paris for fashion design, but had to leave school due to her father's death. Anyways, on the other side, there is Lee Jun Hee, who looks just like DS. He is the blood-related grandson of Sopia (a brand). He happens to have a heart condition, and sets out to find out about his birth mother. At some point, JH and DS meet, and so JH asks DS to be him for a while (remind anyone of the Prince and Pauper?). Anyways, eventually we find out that JH and DS are twins, but it is too late since JH dies soon after his heart transplant. DS then has to act as JH so that his grandmother and stepmother and stepbrother do not find out. During this time, there are other love developments between his stepbrother and YJ and other fashionista with DS. Finally, all is revealed by his stepbrother because he does not want to lose the company and YJ to a fake JH. In the end, everyone realizes that DS was JH's twin, and everything is back to normal. The end was cute because YJ and DS finally have some calm again, and their kiss was cute. I liked the fact that YJ let DS finally go to Paris, and the way they ended it with YJ and DS finally going to Paris together; I found that to be a good ending! I would not say that I loved this drama, but I did like it. I think mainly because the main actress was not as pretty as I thought she could be (also looked really young! or maybe just because I couldn't stand her in 9 End 2 Outs). Anyways, the lead male was pretty attractive with the glasses on to be honest! Without the glasses, he was okay. Personally (I'm not sure what's up with this trend), I found the supporting actor (stepbrother) and actress (fashionista) to be better looking! They would have been better leads! I kind of wish I could see that supporting actress in a lead role for once (she's always a supporting actress). Anyways, that's all.

I give this drama a 4 out of 5 stars.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment