Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 23, 2010

By Land and Sky


Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted huh? It's been a little hectic lately in my house (nothing to do with my boyfriend). My brother is going to university next year, and is in the process of choosing schools, and my dad is having his own issues as well. It's a long weekend, but I'm pretty bored! My friends are busy, my boyfriend is busy, and my family is busy. I wish I had something to do. I really wanted to spend time with my friends this weekend, but I guess they have other things to do, which is fine. To be honest, I should have made arrangements sooner, but I forgot it's a long weekend, till Friday. Anyways, for the past week or so, I've been watching on and off, the drama By Land and Sky or otherwise known as High as the Sky, Wide as the Earth. It's a very good drama, but very long! It's main focus was on love and family. Key word being "family". It's mainly about three different families, and how they interlink through marriage. We see Mu Young's family who are poor, yet very close. We see Ji Su's family who are middle class, and yet happy and close. Finally we see Eun Ha's family, which are rich, yet estranged! There is a lot character development, especially for Mu Young. He is basically living with adoptive parents, because he was abondoned by his mother when he was young. For most of the first half of the show, he is seen trying to figure out how to get over his birth mother abandoning him. It really teared him up inside. At the same time, he was in love with his best friend, Ji Su, yet felt that he was not good enough for her. JS is a very loveable type, but never really saw MY as more than a friend. She falls for a really rich guy, but then decides to back off before she gets hurt by his family. In the meantime, MY returns from his trip (well he was kind of arrested, and was bailed out by his older brother). MY decides to change his life by studying hard to show his family that he is sorry and wants to change. He meets EH there, who falls in love with him. However, he is madly in love with JS. He finally confesses, and she even falls for him, but his confidence is too low, and pushes her away. In the meantime, EH falls deeper in love, yet he only sees her like a sister. In the end, finally, MY gives in to JS's love for him, and decides to be the man that she deserves. They go through more struggles as her family is not supportive at first (he's got nothing to offer, other than love!). But, they finally get married. Also, MY's birth mother returns to their lives before the marriage, and MY is asked to donate his bone marrow because he has a half-brother who is dying. It took MY a long time to realize that he has it good in life and that he should just forgive and forget the past. He agrees to donate, and of course it's a perfect match (go figures!). That is mainly the tale of JS and MY (main characters of the drama), however there are other developments, such as how close EH's family became finally. MY's older brother (SH) married into the family (Eun Ju). SH and EJ fell in love and got married (first episode). They later got a divorce (which I didn't see because I only watched JS and MY's tale on youtube). After the divorce, EJ found out she is pregnant, and they decided to get back together. EJ finally decided to be a better wife and daughter-in-law, and learned to cook and such. Through this experience, EJ and EH's family became a lot closer. Also, JS's father and MY's aunt got married before the whole JS and MY love development. Therefore, all three families were linked because EH's sister EJ married SH who is MY's brother. EH and EJ's father is close friends with JS's father. Finally, MY's aunt and JS's father got married. Therefore, all three families were linked in one way or another. Also, it turns out that MY's mother and uncle were also raised by an adoptive mother, and there mother returns (who is rich btw) and that helps their family become even closer. All this may seem really hard to grasp, but in all honesty, it was a very good drama. I just wish I had time to watch the whole show, as in every episode to its fullest, however it's just too long (165 episodes, although 30 minutes each). I enjoyed watching the development of JS and MY though. I watched that on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/C2yeuhs#p/u/107/kdLQYZpx7Uo. I really liked this pair, because they are just so cute! It's Han Hyuo Jo again! I just love her. Also, MY, the actor that played him, was soooo cute. His smile just kills! I wish he had more dramas. I would definitely watch them. I really liked this pair together. Today, I'll be starting another drama that I've been waiting for to finish called Personal Preference. It's Lee Min Ho (BOF) again! Look forward to that review! It's a lot shorter! Regardles, I won't take away from By Land and Sky, because I really enjoyed it. Please watch it if you have time. It's a great family drama.

I give this drama a 5 out of 5 stars.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment