Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 28, 2011

My Love by My Side


Hey Everyone!

I finally finished another drama! It took longer than usual because this one was one of those family dramas that are 50 episodes long. I even skimmed through a few episodes, but it still took me a while to finish. I will be honest, I did check out the last episode before I continued watching, because I wanted a certain couple to end up together. Anyways, the drama My Love by My Side, was mainly about three families: Do Mi Sol's family, Go Suk Bin's family, and Lee So Ryong's family, and the connections each has with one other. The drama started with a girl named Do Mi Sol and her journey after realizing she is pregnant (teen mother). She was impregnated by Go Suk Bin, a fellow classmate and childhood friend. SB's mother could not stand the thought of her smart and wonderful son, being involved in a teenage pregnancy, so she sent him away abroad. In the meantime, MS had to go through social scrutiny and even had to withdraw from high school to give birth. She and her (single parent) mother, had to move away from everyone they knew. 7 years later, SB returns to Korea with his wife, and has no idea about the child's birth. Meanwhile, MS had completed college and was studying to be in the broadcasting business (ideally a news anchor). By coincidence, MS meets Lee So Ryong due to some odd circumstances (really funny encounter!). Initially, the two start off as friends, but eventually SR falls for MS. In the meantime, SB realized his son's existence, and tried to get closer to MS. All the while, SB's wife was getting suspicious. The drama then proceeds into more serious matters. I won't go into any more detail than this, but the drama involved all sorts of issues such as teenage pregnancy, greed, and inheritance. I really liked it because the villian character actually made my blood boil (similar to how I felt with Shining Inheritance, yet funny enough, that same actress was in this drama as well, but as a good guy!). I liked this drama because it showed a topic that may even be taboo in Korea because no matter what, teenage pregnancy is not well-taken by society. It was nice seeing that MS did not just give up school, rather finished college and even went into a difficult field. I hope you will check this drama out because it is definitely worth a watch! I give this drama a 5 out of 5 stars.

Here are some hi-lights from the drama (SPOILER ALERT):

- SR was a very forward person especially when he confessed to MS (so cute!)
- the good luck watch necklace was sweet...
- kiss under the umbrella after being saved from a big splash was so romantic!
- 10 dates was such a good idea! (love it)... and double sided coin... classic!
- the uncle couple is too cute = comic relief
- SB's mother was pure evil... total denial!
- predictable plot (e.g. wife's revenge plot, giving up love since adopted)
- I understood wife's point of view too.. there were no explanations so obviously she assumed the worse!
- everyone kept spraying everyone with water when irritated... common theme =S
- wife with affair and sterile was predicatable
- SR's proposal was sooo sweet!
- Times I cried: car almost hitting SR, the break ups, when SR realized he celebrated his birthday with his mother, seeing SB after the accident
- SB's mother made my blood boil!!!

Well, that's it for now.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment