Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2011 M.A.M.A. Awards


Hey Everyone!

So, I just finished watching another awards show. I figured if any of you are interested, the performances can be found here: http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/music-shows/watch-the-performances-from-the-2011-mnet-asian-r11815. Just a basic review of the performances. I found the opening to be nice, since I really like Moonlight Sonata. The performance from JS and HyunA was really sexy, because I loved the chemistry between them! I am looking foward to when Troublemaker's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irfFOxYloSw) video comes out! I also really found miss A's performance really good, though a minor fan dropping mishap. Suzy's random appearance in during Kim Hyun Joong's performance was also a cute addition. It was also nice to see performances by Black Eyed Peas with CL and Snoop Dog with Dr. Dre, really interesting to see some Western presence! The only performance I was disappointed in was Girl's Generation's opening. There were a few mishaps including choreography flaws. I guess I just expected better from them. Anyways, here is a list of the winners:

Song of the Year - 2ne1 for "I am the Best"
Album of the Year - Super Junior for "Mr. Simple"
Artist of the Year - Girl's Generation (I disagree with this one. Just my opinion.)
Best New Male Artist - Huh Gak (once again, nice!)
Best New Female Artist - A Pink
Male Group Award - Super Junior
Female Group Award - Girl's Generation (meh...)
Male Singer Award - Kim Hyun Joong
Best Female Singer Award (solo) - Baek Ji Young
Best (solo) Dance Performance - HyunA for "Bubblepop!"
Best Male Dance Performance - B2ST for "Fiction"
Best Female Dance Performance - miss A for "Goodbye Baby" (about time!)
Best Vocal Performance (solo) - IU for "Good Day"
Best Vocal Performance (group) - 2ne1 for "Lonely"
Best Band Performance - CN Blue for "Intuition" (Yay!!)
Best Rap Performance - Leessang for "Turn Off the TV"
Best O.S.T. - Baek Ji Young for "That Woman" from Secret Garden (finally got that right!)
Best Music Video - Big Bang for "Love Song"
Best Artist (China) - Jane Zhang
Hottest Asian Artist - Koda Kumi
Best Asian Artist - Aziatix
Best Asian Artist (solo) - Wei Chen
Singapore's Choice (most popular kpop artist) - Super Junior
Best Style in Music - Seo In Young
Mnet Specialized Award - YB

I was relatively pleased with the winners this time around (compared to the Melon Music Awards). Let me know what you guys thought/think of the winners and performances. That's it from me for now.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment