Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 25, 2011

Melon Music Awards


Hey Everyone!

So, I just finished watching the Melon Music Awards, and if you wish to watch it too, the link is here (no subs though and really long!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LY_0FC2n4M. I just thought I would mention a few hi-lights from the show. For the performances: The opening performance was really hot! It showed Park Shin Hye dancing to a Beyonce song. It was pretty cool. Then, there was IU's performance, which was cute and adorable as usual. f(x) had a pretty neat performance because they each performed one of their older songs, then performed one together. Huh Gak's performance of "Hello" was very touching. The Sistar vs. Secret battle was interesting as well, but at the same time, their music was totally different, so how can that be considered a battle? Sistar with more clubby, fast-paced music, whereas Secret had more quiet and cutesy songs. Though, I think Sistar won in the end. But, it was an odd battle. Baek Ji Young sang "That Man" so well. It brought back memories of Secret Garden again (goosebumps!).

Awards:

Artist of the Year - BEAST
Album of the Year - 2ne1 (well-deserved!)
Song of the Year - IU for "Good Day"
Global Artist Award - Girls Generation (SNSD)
Netizen Popularity Award - Super Junior (SuJu)
Top 10 Artists - BEAST, IU, Leessang, f(x), Lena Park, Secret, SISTAR, Big Bang, Super Junior and 2NE1 (though I feel C.N. Blue should have made the list!).
Must Style Best Rap/Hip-Hop award - G-Dragon and TOP’s “Oh Yeah” featuring 2NE1 member Park Bom
Best New Artist - Huh Gak
Music Style R&B Ballad Song - Kim Bumsoo for "Last Love"
MBC Music Star Award - Baek Jiyoung
Best Music Video Award - T-ara for "Roly Poly" directed by Cha Eun Taek
Music Style Best Rock AwardCNBlue for “Intuition” (YAY!)
2011 Hot Trend Award - Infinity Challenge
Performing Arts Award - Lee Seunghwan
Music Style Best OST SongSunny Hill for “Pit-A-Pat”, which was used in the official soundtrack of the drama The Greatest Love
Best Songwriter - Jeon Haesung

I liked that Huh Gak won the "Best New Artist" award, he was definitely deserving. He has a great voice for ballad type songs and the audience loved him! I am also glad that IU won, but poor girl, fell while trying to receive her award. Luckily she is really cute, so she just got back up and laughed it off. As for best music video (MV), I personally thought miss A should have won for "Goodbye baby Goodbye", but instead T-ara won for "Roly Poly", which I did not think was right. But, that is just my opinion. The rest of the awards were given as expected, though I think CN Blue deserved to be in the Top 10, but that is just my opinion because they are my fave K-pop band! Anyways, the show was good, but really long. After half of the second part, I kind of scanned through the rest of the show. Overall, it was a good awards show, and worth watching the performances at least. Anyways, that's it for now for me.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment