Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 16, 2014

I Need Romance 3



Hey Everyone!

So, I just marathoned the drama I Need Romance 3 this weekend! Initially, I needed something to fill the gap after watching Shut Up Flower Boy Band. Of course, it helped that the lead male actor (Sung Joon) was in both dramas (lol). Anyways, this drama was just what I needed this weekend. I have been recovering from a cold, and what I really needed was a sappy romantic comedy. And that is exactly what I got. The drama was mainly about Shin Joo Yun and Joo Wan. JY had taken care of Wan when he was a baby because his mother paid her mother to be a nanny (Wan was 6 years younger than JY). When Wan turned 9, he emigrated to the US, but before he left, he promised JY that he would come back one day. 17 years later, he came back to Korea as a successful music composer and writer (by the name of Joo Allen). When JY found out he returned, she called him and told him not to bother coming to live with her (since her memories of taking care of Wan were nothing like he remembered). However, Wan had other plans. In the meantime, JY was dumped by her boyfriend, yet she was emotionless; she did not cry or make a scene or even ask him to stay. A few days later, Wan was DJ'ing an event where JY had gone with her company colleagues. There, she found Wan staring at her, and she felt exhilarated that such a young guy found her attractive (she had no idea who he was). But unfortunately, Wan was there with her arch nemesis, Oh Se Ryung. SR had stolen JY's first boyfriend many years ago, but what hurt JY the most was that SR was her bestfriend. Since this incident was the first time the two had interacted in years, the two cursed each other right in front of Wan. Wan had no idea that it was JY (possibly someone that resembled her), and refused to believe it was her because the JY he remembered was a sweet and innocent girl. But to Wan's dismay, it turned out that it was his JY. So, Wan went on a mission to bring back the old sweet JY. The rest of the drama revolved around Wan trying to make JY "human" again whilst trying to figure out his and her true feelings. There were a few other cute side stories as well. I really liked this drama because it was more realisitic. It showed that you cannot give up on love and just be with someone because they are the "right fit". You should love someone that makes you feel loved. I felt that was a good interpretation of love as I still feel that way about my fiancee (10 years and counting). The drama was relatable and it also had a very "Sex and the City" vibe. I definitely give this drama a 5 out of 5 stars. That's it for now.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment