Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 7, 2011

Koukou Debut


Hey Everyone!

So, as you can tell, recently I have not been posting. It's mainly because I want to study and focus on studying. I am really looking forward to getting back into dramas, but first, I want to get my GMAT over with (again =P). Anyways, though I am not watching dramas, I am still watching movies whenever I get a chance. Surprisingly, I have not had that many chances because I study majority of the day, then I watch TV or spend time with family. Oh well, that will probably change back to normal again next Thursday. But for now, a movie (I wish drama) that I had been waiting for finally came out; Koukou Debut. I read this manga a couple of years ago, and they finally made a live action movie out of it. It was just so cute! It is mainly about Nagashima Haruna, who enters high school, hoping to find love. She is unsuccessful for 2 years, and finally decides to take drastic action. She meets Komiyama Yoh one day, and asks him to be her "love coach" because of his popularity in school (she uses coach because she used to be a softball player in juniour high). Anyways, Yoh is reluctant at first because of a past relationship (she dumped him due to a misunderstanding), but eventually gives in (with the exception, that she does not fall for him). Initially, all is well, where Haruna learns about fashion and dating. She even dates Yoh's friend, Fumiya. But it turns out that Yoh's sister liked him, and so, those two started dating, and Haruna was left alone again. Eventually, Haruna starts to fall for Yoh, but decides that it is forbidden, so she fires Yoh. In the meantime, Haruna meets Yoh's ex, and somehow has to give Yoh a letter from her, for Christmas eve. Yoh's friend realizes that he likes Haruna, so to test him, he goes out with Haruna and Yoh does appear (though, Yoh's friend liked Haruna too - what a nice guy). Yoh and Haruna decide to go out (for practice) on Christmas eve, but Haruna gives Yoh the letter and says good bye. She realizes that he is worth fighting for, and returns, and the two meet again coincidentally. Yoh explains that he did meet up with his ex, but he realized he likes Haruna. They to make up, hug, and kiss. It was a cute ending. I give this movie a 5 out of 5 stars since it was a good representation of the manga. That's it for now.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment