Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 23, 2010

King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu


Hey Everyone!

I just finished a really good drama! I admit lately, my life has been filled with dramatic events, but honestly, this drama helped me through it. I really needed a tear jerking drama to help me get away from reality and release my own tears. I've had quite a hard time lately, but things have started to look up since I moved back home. I think being away made me homesick, and that caused me to break down a bit at the end of my work term. It was really hard for me to cry for awhile, but then with this drama being so sad, I finally released those tears that I held back all term. Of course the occurrences in my last week at work aided in real tears as well, but that's another long story. But, all I can say now, is that I am trying to get back to reality, in my own reality back home. Tomorrow is my birthday party with all my friends, and I think I'll finally feel like I'm home again! I've missed my family and friends very much, and I think that's the cure to any of my sadness. But anyways, enough about my dramatic life, back to the drama itself! This drama was called King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu. It was about an affair in a well known family, which led to the demise of Kim Tak Gu. The story revolves around the fact that there were two sons born into the family, however neither were from both the mother and father (both from affairs). Of course, the mistress's son was never welcome into the home, and so through many obstacles, TG was sent away. He lived for 12 years trying to find his mother (who was presumably dead). Finally, he found his way to a bakery, where he learned that he can use his prodigal sense of smell, to his advantage. But of course, as fate would have it, he met his brother Gu Ma Jun there. They competed many times. Even for the girls TG loved, Shin Yu Kyung. I thought all along that TG and YK would end up together, but for once they actually let the good girl get the guy and the lonely boy get the girl. What I mean by that is, that the bakery owner's granddaughter loved TG a lot, and always cared for him from the sidelines, and in the end she got him. As well, MJ, was always struggling with his parentage and all the problems a child can have, along with his ongoing rivalry, but only fell in love with YK. I was at first sad that YK and TG didn't end up together. But, now that I think about it, it was indeed for the better. But anyways, that's just a brief part of the drama. Most of it revolved around the rivalry between brothers (though not blood related) and the struggles one family has to endure to become happy. I really liked this drama (minus the tear jerking moments!). I acting by Eugene in this drama was amazing. I have never seen her in this sort of role. I was impressed! I also liked the plot and how it ended. So, as a result, I have to give this drama a 5 out of 5.

I'm off,

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment